The public, community groups, school groups are welcome at Geraldine Observatory,
contact Peter to arrange a session.
Community groups are normally free, public sessions are by donation only
which goes to promoting outreach astronomy in South Canterbury.
Things you should know when visiting the observatory:
- Dress in warm clothes for the conditions
- Please do not bring white light torches
- You can spend your time observing, groups are kept small
- Peter and guides will talk to you about the objects that are being observed
- Several telescopes can be available to observe with.
Geraldine Observatory is recognised as one of the best private observatories in New Zealand.
Peter has over seventy two years experience as an amateur astronomer, has been a mentor to several beginner astronomers.
He is currently involved with Supernova hunting, and astro imaging as you can see by
the Photo Gallery on this website.